7 Sober Living Blogs for the Recovery Journey Stairway To Freedom
Pets can be a source of tremendous comfort to people. When people feel loved and supported, they are more likely to recover from a substance use disorder. That’s why pet therapy programs exist – they offer pet owners an opportunity to provide care, compassion, and love to those who need it most. In today’s article, we will explore the benefits of pet therapy in recovery and how program participants may benefit from the experience. Design for Recovery provides structured sober living in Los Angeles, California.
- How can you make them understand the need for treatment if they won’t accept the issue in the first place?
- Our quarterly newsletter reminds you that others have gone down this path and can provide valuable support.
- As the days get shorter and colder, it can be hard to keep motivated and stay on top of recovery.
- When you think of sobriety, you probably don’t think of weed.
- I actually discovered her book, Love Warrior, before I discovered her blog.
- However, a relapse is actually a process that unfolds in three separate stages, each distinct with its own warning signs and implications.
If you have a favorite blog you’d like to nominate, please email us at First, the fabulous Glennon Doyle and her blog Momastery. I actually discovered her book, Love Warrior, before I discovered her blog.
Read a book by one of the Top 25 Recovery Bloggers
About – New Method Wellness’ Living Sober Blog provides encouragement and understanding for anyone who has a substance abuse addiction. I’m a wife, mother, grandmother, dog lover, etc… I went to high school in the late 60’s and college in the 70’s so I used to know a lot about sex, alcohol and marijuana. I was really mousey and afraid so I didn’t smoke much weed. Living without alcohol, living again.I stopped drinking alcohol on the 25 of August 2014 and I hope to never drink again. Nobody in my private life knew that my drinking was as bad as it was.
- Waking Up the Ghost is a daily journal about maintaining temperance in a tipsy world and finding humor and humanity in life’s most ghastly situations…
- This is my blog about getting sober and the wonders of alcohol free living.
- This can make it that much harder for individuals who are recovering from addiction and trying to stay on track.
- There is ultimately no end to the recovery path, as you are adapting to a new way of life….
However, it is possible to manage both seasonal depression and sobriety. You can beat the winter blues and stay sober through the cold months with the right coping strategies. We also offer Rehab Reviews and practical guides for dealing with addiction and related mental health and life issues. Opening a sober living home in New York is a great way to get started in the behavioral health industry. Over 12% of the population meets the clinical criteria for SUD in New York. These high rates of addiction mean that not only are addiction treatment centers in demand, but sober living homes are easy to fill in New York state, as well.
Secrets of Opening a Sober Living Home in Wisconsin
At Transcend Recovery Community, our sober living programs are dedicated to helping individuals navigate their unique journey towards long-lasting sobriety. Real Recovery is Florida’s top-rated 12-step-based sober living for men community, dedicated to long-term sobriety success. While early sobriety is an exciting time of rebirth and growth, the fear of relapse is often times a very real threat for us. Relapsing back into drug and/or alcohol sober living blog addiction unfortunately negates all our hard work, and means we… A life in recovery means a life free from the bondage of drugs and alcohol, thus allowing us to pursue life to the fullest extent. While a life in recovery unquestionably beats even our best days in our addictions, the… One of the greatest curses of drug addiction and alcoholism is the impact that it invariably has on our relationships with family and our loved ones.
Without structure, your recovery is much more likely to be temporary and unstable. Here are some helpful tips on how to stay organized while in recovery from a substance use disorder. The Boca House of Men blog is an updated resource outlining the benefits of sober living, recovery and the learning how to rejoin the world after addiction.
He says that he has had to recover from many of the same issues that his father, sister, and wife had to battle. The posts in his blog are his opinions and experiences and reflect his own personal recovery. Reading that story reaffirmed I’m not alone and I’m not so different after all.
Get resources and tips, and know the glorious benefits of becoming alcohol free. My poetry, essays, and creative non-fiction exalt every day and qualify the quotidian. Writing has made being sober more than just being sober. I invite you to follow this blog and connect with me on social media – to join me in discovering what makes the ordinary so extraordinary, and the mundane miraculous.